Our mission is to foster a community that inspires compassion, raises awareness and welcomes refugees and immigrants. We hope to uplift, unite, and inspire through the transformative power of music and celebrate the power of community as we stand in solidarity with refugees.
We recognize music as a powerful force capable of reaching people intimately and profoundly. It moves at the foundation of culture, forming and declaring identity while uniting us in celebration of our shared humanity. It is both personal and collective, and in it, we discover truths that define us and bring us toward a greater understanding of each other.
Our mission is centered on three primary goals
- By collaborating and connecting as a diverse group of musicians committed to building understanding and support
- By contributing a unique collective voice to the community dialogue
- By using music as a tool to reach across barriers to touch individual hearts and minds
- By engaging ensemble and audience members in the joyful, collaborative experience of live music-making
- By standing in solidarity with those that suffer and advocating for compassion
- By performing pieces that celebrate peace, joy, and unity through diversity
- By building new friendships amongst ensemble members
- By bringing fun, energy, and a sense of family to rehearsals and performances
- By offering opportunities for people to get involved and use their voice to help others
- By promoting meaningful dialogue at rehearsals and performances
- By partnering with other organizations committed to fighting injustice and strengthening the community
- By inviting people to join in our efforts and the efforts of like-minded organizations
- By empowering audiences and choir members to use their voice to make a difference